The TKBDs-silo dryer system of Brand GmbH is a widely applicable system for the industrial and agricultural sectors. Designed especially for poor flowing products.
- · Drying
- · Cooling
- · Ventilate
- · Dosing
- · poorly flowing products
A high efficient processing and drying of products will be reached in combination of countercurrent ventilation and special parallel discharge system. This can be done in circulating, continuous and discontinuous usage.
The star rollers of the discharge system are individually or jointly reversible and steer able. The star rollers simultaneously form a nearby closed surface at drive and standstill and are permeable to air. The specially designed discharge ensures a parallel discharge. Hereby will the product from the bottom with already longest residence time primary discharged with minimum mixing to above product layers. The drying and cooling process can at any time be influenced to prolong or shorten to prevent unneeded over drying and shortened residence times of product. This has a positive effect on energy demand and thus contributes to the reduction of energy costs and improves additional the product quality.
Dryer products and application examples
Typical dryer products are:
|miscanthus||corn cob mix (CCM)||short rotation wood moist
|precursor pellet production
||chopped plastic sheets
||straw / hav
and other poorly flowing products ...
- In industry:
such as plastics, foils, insulation materials, waste and many more
- In agriculture:
such as wood chips, straw, green waste and many types of renewable resources
• Function as continuous dryer / cooler
Continuously filling and discharge of product during hot or cold air will be supplied.
• Function as a (re)circulating / set-dryer / cooler
The product will be constant supplied by hot / cold air current to achieve the desired product quality, also can be recirculated during drying / cooling process till reaching of needed dryness. The product will be completely discharged after completion of the process and refilled by new product.
• Function as a product heater or cooler in counter-current flow method
The ventilation occur in the counter flow principle by means of optimized fans by airflow from bottom to top. The warm exhaust air and moisture content is controlled by sensors and can be fed back to the system to regenerate heat. It is controlled by an integrated measurement and control system.
Filling and discharge
Filling and discharge of the silo TKBDs system is fully automatically through upstream and downstream peripherals.
A continuous or batch method can be choosen either continuous or discontinuous process.
Structure & Capacity
The TKBDs-silo dryer system is an expandable modular system. The base can be supplied as a complete unit other parts will be delivered individually and screw together at clients location. The capacity increased of each silo layer is 4.7 m³ .
3,000 x 3,000 x 5,000 height up to max. 19,500 mm height.
Other dimensions can be created as well.
- · Application for a variety of products ( free-flowing to poor flowing)
- · Defined and also continuously discharging of products
- · Reduced energy consumption through optional heat recovery
- · Minimum space requirement
- · Low air consumption
- · Minimized residence time
- · Fully automatic process
- · Modular design - Simple and easy to service and maintenance
- · Useable even with small temperature differences and ambient air
- · Low emissions
- · Improvement of product quality
- · Improve the calorific value by the drying
Benefits by example: Wood Chips
The important quality characteristics of dired wood chips are:
- · Low water content
- · Homogeneous by nearby equal wood chips sizes
- · Low content of fine particles
- · Clean feedstock – low content of green component and contamination (low sand content etc.)
The following chart provides an overview of the energy content of different wood chip types depending to the water content and various sales dimensions.
cm=cubic meters, Bcm=bulk cubic meters, DM=dry mass
(Source: Bavarian State Institute of Forestry , Bulletin 12, 2011 Freising)
Reasons for drying wood chips:
- · Forest Fresh wood chips have a moisture content of about 40 - 60%
- · Doubling of the usable calorific value by reducing the moisture to about 15 to 20%
- · Achieving an optimum boiler efficiency with optimum energy utilization
- · Reducing of emissions
- · Improve the storage capacity (reduction of mold growth)
- · Reduction of manpower coz of less quantity and better material requirements, due to the doubling of the heating value and by doubling the wood chip result of BTV (Tree total recovery)
- · Halving the wood chips weight = reduction of transport costs
- · 1 Bcm wood chips from mixed wood replace more than 100 liters of heating oil
Technical details of the TKBDs-silo dryer system
The flow capacity is depending on the achievement of the degree of dryness or humidity level. A residual moisture content of 15% to 20 % and below can be achieved. The amount of dehydration of the product is depending on the moisture content of the input material. The reduction of water out of wood chips or fresh wood can be up to 100 L/SRm or be about 300 l/t.
Any heat source can be used, such as: waste heat from biogas plants, flue gas or use hot air produced by gas or oil burner. Or other exhaust heat sources of industry plants. The product moisture content is determined and in connection with the outgoing air temperature for drying and air saturation. These results can be used for automatic control and for determining the appropriate residence time. After reaching the degree of drying the star roller discharge will remove the bottom layers and fresh product will be refilled at top of drier as required. An additional saving of heat energy can be done by the recirculation of exhaust air and insolation of the dryer.
The total product content at a height of 7.0 m is approximately 34 m³. The electrical current requirement is about 30 kW. The heat qunatity can be up to 650 Kw , depending to product specifications. Compared to other dryers the energy saving will be up to 20% and higher.